Sunday 30 November 2014

When was he born?



            Some months back, this year, I was walking through the Central Park in New York. 

            I saw an intelligent looking little boy playing all by himself on the grass. I decided to talk to him and just as an excuse to start the conversation I asked him his age. A mischievous glint flickered in his eyes and he replied. ‘Two days back I was ten years old, and next year I shall be thirteen. If you know what’s today you’ll be able to figure out my birthday and that’ll give you my age. I looked at him bewildered.

           How old was the boy?

Answer:  The date on which I met the boy was 1st January 1977. And the boy’s birthday was on 31st December, 1965. The boy was 11 years old on the day I met him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...